This post contains affiliate links.
Are you looking to find the best golf swing analyzer to enhance your swing and overall game. Isn’t it great to know that with one small piece of device attached to your club or hand and a smartphone can actually get you real-time data and analysis on each swing. Some of them even allow you to compare your swing with the PGA tour professionals!
Top 3 Best Golf Swing Analyzer
Here our top 3 recommendations for the best golf swing analyzer that you can go for:
- Zepp Golf 2 3D Swing Analyzer – The Best golf swing analyzer that you should buy
- Blast Golf Swing Analyzer – Best for putting analysis
- Arccos Caddie Golf Performance Tracking System – A golf analyzer system with one sensor each for all your 14 clubs
Although these golf swing analyzers are far from perfect, they help the average golfer take their swing to the next level when used consistently. In the world of golf swing analyzers, there are two ways you can go:
- Opt for a device with a lot of instructions – This is suited for individuals who have no idea about terminology like angle of attack, face angle, tempo, club path, release
- Opt for a device with little or no instruction – This is suited for individuals who understand the terminology and want an abundance of data
Still not convinced? Below we have reviewed various golf swing analyzers that are available in the market that may suit your requirements and budget.
10 Best Golf Swing Analyzer Reviews
1. Zepp Golf 2 Swing Analyzer Review
- 3D swing analysis measures the most important aspects of your swing; club speed, club plane, tempo, backswing length and more
- Instant evaluations help you see where you can improve the most and focus your training
- Smart coach offers personalized training programs, based on your data, from PGA/LPGA players and Tour instructors to make you a better player faster
- Replay and review your swing in 360 degree from any angle. Connectivity : Bluetooth LE. Battery: 1.5 hour full charge cycle lasts up to 8 hour
The Zepp golf 2 swing analyzer comes with a small sensor that is easily attached to your golf glove. It is the lightest and probably the easiest of the current Bluetooth sensors to use because you hardly notice that its there on your glove. The sensor is paired with an app very easily that is available on iOS and Android phones
As you swing, the sensor will record thousands of data points along your swing path to help you find out where you need to improve.
This Zepp analyzer provides really shines by providing in-depth data and analysis. The statistics screen provides 7 separate pieces of data that make up the golf swing: club speed, club plane, hand plane, tempo, back-swing (in degrees), hand speed and hip rotation.
You can store and easily replay and review your swing in 360° from any angle and even compare your swing directly to PGA Tour Pros in 3D and video. There are pre-loaded videos to enable you to learn from Pros on swing analysis, training tips, and drills. You can easily say that the Zepp provides a whole lot of information to help you improve your golf swing.
After continued usage of this device, the app will take all of your swing statistics, and bundle them up on the app as lab reports.
2. Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer
- Blast Golf is the complete swing and stroke solution for golfers at every level. Blast Golf provides accurate metrics and valuable insights for every part of your game.
- BLAST ATHLETES – Over 200 players & their coaches on the PGA, European, Champions, LPGA, and Web.com Tours trust Blast Golf as a must have tool in their daily toolbox. Simple to use, with game…
- TECH MADE EASY – The Blast Swing Analyzer attaches to the end of any club. Blast’s natural motion capture allows golfers to swing the club or roll some putts and forget about the technology.
- SMART VIDEO CAPTURE – Record and automatically clip video of each swing. View and analyze your swing in slow motion with metrics overlaid. Leverage the in-app Training Center for tips and drills…
The blast golf swing analyzer is very simple to use. The sensor needs to be attached to your grip of your golf clubs which is then connected via the bluetooth technology to the app on the smartphone or tablet to capture your golf swing data. The sensor is made from a waterproof material making it usable in any weather conditions.
This WOW feature of this product is that it captures, analyzes, and helps you improve your game with its automatic recording option that synchronizes with each swing. It’s ability to capture continuous video from your phone/tablet, automatically synchronize with each swing, and then get cut into view-able snippets that are packaged with each swing’s data makes it really effective to practice with because you get video and numerical info for each swing without running back between shots to start/stop video recording.
This analyzer surely does provide accurate information that can be used by pro golfers along with capturing the following metrics:
Putting Metrics: Back Stroke Time, Forward Stroke Time, Total Stroke Time, Tempo, Loft, Lie, Back Stroke Rotation, Forward Stroke Rotation and Rotation Change
Full Swing Metrics, Backswing Time, Downswing Time, Total Swing Time, Swing Tempo, Swing Speed, Blast Factor, Power Index, Efficiency Index, Velocity Direction and Energy Transfer
It’s also interesting to know that they were awarded Golf Digests Best of the 2016 PGA Show. The app is compatible with iOS and Android phones / tablets.
The full swing analysis is good but not great. It’s clear that Blast has focused in on putting improvement, and in that department they’ve nailed it.
3. Arccos Performance Tracking
- Winner of four-straight Golf Digest Editor’s Choice Awards for “Best Game Analyzer, ” Arccos Caddie is golf’s first and only fully-automatic performance tracking system. It features 14…
- Access to the award winning Arccos Caddie app, golf’s Smartest Caddie.
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic data capture.
- A. I. Powered GPS Rangefinder, first-ever rangefinder that adjusts in real-time for wind (including gusts), elevation, temperature, humidity and altitude providing the most precise yardage in the game…
The Arccos performance tracking is not an analyzer it is a system that features 14 sensors, one for every club in your golf bag. It is the first and only fully-automatic shot-tracking system, that seamlessly records and analyzes every shot you hit. It provides “Plays Like” distances to any point on the course and analytics to help any player make smarter decisions to shoot lower scores.
The system was created in partnership with Microsoft, so you can be rest assured that there is something to it. One of the big positives to this system is that it is hands free and easily exceeds its competition on this one.
One more great feature of this product is that it will analyze every shot that you take along with giving you a detailed analysis of your shots. The system can very easily help you know your exact distance to any point on the course, learn precisely which club to use in every situation along with helping you identify your actual strengths and weaknesses.
The system is of course out of this world and does not come cheap. Its for those serious golfers looking to take their game to the next level. If you’re more of a layman, our advice would to avoid going for this one.
4. Rapsodo R-Motion
- Attaches to your own golf clubs – play real rounds of golf with your friends!
- Includes The Golf Club game for stunning simulation of 15 top courses
- Runs on your PC – no launch monitor or projector required.4 hour battery life
- Includes club swing and ball launch data for every shot – analyze your game!
The Rapsodo R-Motion is the most affordable golf swing analyzer that you can opt for. It is an indoor golf simulator that works in any living room. Of course, you would need to have the entire simulation setup at home before you go ahead with this kind of a purchase.
You would of course need to have the works like a golf hitting net and golf hitting mat to make full use of this product. The product can be used very easily by clipping the sensor onto your clubs and waiting for it to sync with the base unit and then fire away.
Rapsodo provides all the information you need like club speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing path, distance, and launch angle and R Motion. Rapsodo provides you with all of the data you need to teach yourself how to improve your game. Realistic ball flight trajectory where hooks, slices, pushes, pulls, fades and draws are all taken into account.
The interface is extremely classy and offers instant feedback on all the club and ball related touchpoints you need to lower your handicaps, shot after shot.
It’s still accurate enough to help golfers improve at home, and well worth the investment if you’ve got a place that will accomodate the set up.
5. Game Golf Live Tracking System
- GPS Real Time Automatic Shot Tracking
- Strokes Gained Analysis-Robust metrics to pinpoint improvement opportunities
- Range Finder-Get precise distances to greens, hazards and landing zones
- Insights-See club distances and shot dispersion patterns
Game Golf live uses an updated wearable GPS device that communicates with feather-light sensor tags attached to the top of the grip on each club and an integrated software platform which automatically captures performance data in real-time.
One of the interesting things with Game Golf is that instead of having the technology to sense when you’ve hit a shot, it’s up to you to tell it each time you’re about to make a stroke. You wear a small cube attached to your belt and tap the sensor in the cube before you make a stroke.
The cube will vibrate and beep to indicate that it’s registered your stroke. You then have one minute to hit your shot for it to register in the app. The bad part is that it’s awfully easy to forget to tap the sensor every time you’re about to take a stroke.
From tee to green, you’ll get an advanced view of your stats, fairway accuracy, scrambling percentages, and shot dispersion for all clubs and yardages. You’ll visualize your game like never before and learn the insights you need to progress.
You can also use the app as a GPS to get yardages when you’re on the course, so as long as you’re ok with a 5-10 yard variance, you can skip the rangefinder. The data from every shot is instantly displayed on your iOS or Android phone in a dynamic and socially driven interface.
6. Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar with Tempo Timer
- Measures clubhead swing speed and tempo time to help golfers optimize their swing to increase distance and improve swing consistency
- No need to hit an actual golf ball—use a wiffle ball, Birdie Ball, sponge ball or equivalent to simulate a real ball, but swing at a ball replica to release the club properly.Immediate feedback…
- Range of speed measurement from 40 MPH to over 200 MPH
- Actual swing Tempo Time, from the start of the club takeaway to ball impact is measured to one hundredth of a second
This is an interesting device. The Swing Speed Radar is a small, affordable microwave Doppler radar velocity sensor that measures the swing speed of golfers.
The device is very simple to use. You just need to set it up, turn it on, and swing, swing, swing!! The good thing about this device is that you do not need to adjust any settings—it’s ready to use.
The Swing Speed Radar conveniently provides real time velocity feedback that assists players and coaches/instructors in measuring performance improvement and in trouble-shooting swing mechanics.
A nylon drawstring pouch and two snaphooks are provided to facilitate carrying the Swing Speed Radar. It can be attached to your equipment bag or other accessory case, or hanging it on a net or fence for bat swing speed measurements. The pouch will protect the lens from scratches during normal handling and storage
The most affordable, portable instrument available for measuring clubhead swing speed and tempo time
7. Ernest Sport ES12
- The ES12 by Ernest Sports gives ball speed and distance data instantly
- Pair the ES12 to your Smart device to save and store your range session, participate in a skills Challenge and much more
- Get your shot data instantly, easily and affordably with the ES12
The ES12 is one of the introductory products of Ernest sports. ES12 golf launch monitor immediately provides the speed of the ball, as well as the shot distance (total or carry). It pairs with your mobile device with Bluetooth to allow tracking and analysis. ES12 uses the Doppler Radar technology for the measurement of ball speed. It requires of the player to choose the right club before the shot for the device to provide an accurate calculation of the distances.
The unit comes with two buttons that makes it easy to handle; Club and Power. On the backside of the unit you will see 2 kick stands which allows you to adjust the angle, 45 or 60, as per the club. The information of the game changes as you continue to change your approach towards the game. The application also allows you to measure your swing frame by frame with the use of colored line analytic drawings.
The unit is portable, lightweight and allows you to record notes while being on the range. Setup is pretty easy. You will need to use the app on your phone / tablet and pair it via Bluetooth technology. After each hit the unit displays ball speed and then distance. The app keeps a track of up to 2000 swings.
One of downsides to this golf launch monitor is that the lofts of the clubs are preloaded and cannot be edited.
If you’re a beginner looking to improve with the help of a unit that gives you an fairly accurate estimation of ball speed and distance based on launch angle without really putting a hole in your pocket, then this may be the best golf launch monitor you’re looking for.
8. Ernest Sports ES14 – Solid Information
- Ernest Sports revolutionizes the game with a great new tool for teaching professionals, club fitters and serious golfers
- The ES14 delivers critical data instantly – easily and affordably
- The unit offers a wide range of statistical information including club speed, launch angle, ball speed, Smash factor, spin rate & distance
- Free ES14 App ( iOS and Android) stores shot details, club averages, audio feedback, and email data
ES14 by Ernest sports immediately puts the power of your play in your hands with accurate and fast feedback on the important features of your game. The immediate feedback helps you adjust the swing at the required range. With ES14 golf launch monitor, you can receive important calculations of the distance and ball speed.
The club head speed feature of ES12 provides you the momentum and energy from club head at every hit and how the ball is transferred to the golf ball. It represents the amount of momentum which the club has during an impact. The unit offers a wide range of statistical information including club speed, launch angle, ball speed, Smash factor, spin rate & distance. The launch angle feature relates to the original angle from which the ball launches from the club face. Launch angle measurements are determined by various factors including swing speed, angle of attack, shaft flex and loft.
Furthermore, ES14 measures the ball speed immediately after the impact and relates to the total distance travelled by the ball. The speed of the ball is primarily generated by the club speed, however, it is also influenced by the location of the club, type of the ball, angle attack and loft. ES14 also measures the effectiveness of the club to transfer power and energy to the ball. A higher smash factor calculation is an indication of better contact with the ball.
In terms of size, it is larger in size than other similar devices in the market.
The unit definitely allows you to have deep insights to your play for making appropriate adjustments for better performance along with syncing to all your stats. The technology is far more advanced when compared to other devices. If you can afford the unit, it is definitely a must have
9. Voice Caddie SC100 – Highly Recommended
- Standalone device (no phone app needed)
- Features: Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed and Smash Factor. SC100 does not have voice.
- 3 Modes: Practice Mode, Target Mode and Random Mode
- At least 6 ½ feet in front of you and the net.Make sure the ball and your SC100 are on the same level
The SC100 launch monitor is one of the best golf launch monitor in the market, giving golfers the immediate access to swing speed, ball distance and carry distance. You can compare the accuracy of the device with any other expensive and large machines. It is a stand-alone system which requires no smartphone, allowing players access to immediate feedback through an LCD screen, measuring swing speed, carry distance, smash factor and ball speed
The device provides golfers 3 modes for more accurate and precise feedback: Practice mode, random mode and target mode. Smash factor allows you to understand how effectively and efficiently you are compressing the ball at impact. Smash factor measures the speed by dividing it to your club-head speed.
The device has a lightweight, very simple interface along with providing accurate and fast readings. It is very well suited for quick range sessions. The device lacks a smartphone / tablet interface and does not measure spin. It comes with a remote control which makes it easy to use.
If you’re looking for a unit this is not to costly and offers you accurate information, this portable launch monitor definitely offers you complete value for your buck
10. SelfieGolf Record Golf Swing
- Easy clip system – set up and adjust height in seconds to record golf swing video[ No Help Needed ]
- Sturdy & Stable – tested and approved by pro golfers endures all ground surfaces and windy weather
- Fits with standard alignment rods and golf clubs, works with all golf stand bags and tour bags
- Adapts to all cell phone sizes with innovative clip-on design [ Alignment Stick Not Included ]
The SelfieGolf Record Golf Swing is not a golf swing analyzer. It is a unit that can attach to your golf bag, shaft or just about anywhere where you can put your phone in to record your golf swing.
So is it useful? Actually, yes. It’s much smaller, easier and more handy than a tripod. It’s secure and allows you to position the camera in any position you like.
If you’ve got a friend who loves analyzing their swing on video, this might make an excellent gift as it really is a nice, small substitute for having to haul out and set up a bulky tripod.
A surprisingly large number of tour players use the SelfieGolf clip because it doesn’t take up much space but does its job rather well.
Things to look at before buying the best golf swing analyzer
- Ease of Use: The device and app should be easy to use on an ongoing basis. After all, you would not want to end up with a device that is too complicated to use. A good golf swing analyzer is one which will have a very few control buttons on the device. Consider a plug n play
- Data and records: The swing analyzer should track club head speed, swing plane, hand path, tempo, backswing position, hip rotation at a minimum. The more types of data the device can track the more beneficial it will be for the user. It should also store your records for future analysis
- Placement of device: There are devices that are clip onto your golf glove, grip of your club etc. You would need to opt for one depending on your level of comfort
- iOS / Android Compatibility: The golf swing analyzer should be compatible with both Android and IOS phones and tablets
- Budget: These analyzers come in different price ranges, so consider looking at the best golf swing analyzer based on your budget
Difference Between a Golf Swing Analyzer and Golf Launch Monitor
Golf swing analyzers are used to measure statistics before you hit the ball and during your swing; whilst golf launch monitors are devices used to measure different characteristics of what happens to a golf ball as it is struck by a golf club.
The data which is collected from golf launch monitors has allowed custom fitters better scope to confirm that your clubs correctly match your game. The detailed access to the parameters, for example launch angle and ball speed has allowed adjustment of components, such as shaft, to ensure that a players club accurately match the characteristics of the hit/swings.
The data collected from golf swing analyzers generally provides 7 separate pieces of data that make up the golf swing: club speed, club plane, hand plane, tempo, back-swing (in degrees), hand speed and hip rotation.
Both play a very important to achieve a great golf swing.
6 Important Steps To Achieve The Perfect Golf Swing
To people who are new to the world of golf but intend to play the sport, one factor that they should focus on is the perfect golf swing. To mention some other factors such as, golf equipment’s, the direction of the wind, the golf ball and the player himself, but still the precision of the golf swing will determine the success of failure of the player.
We have a few points that would help you to get your goal of becoming a pro golf player. These are the basics, but where do you think Tiger Woods began?
Know what your forces are – Can you attain a certain angle that would give you the perfect golf swing? Do you have a good balance? What about your playing stance? Do you have an agile and highly flexible body that could go with the force of your swing? These are just a few initial questions that you have to answer before you put up the sport.
Training from Professional Coaches – Coaching does wonders. You could either have a one on one or you could start purchasing a few materials that are already available in the market. An example of this stuff is the Tac Tic Golf Trainer. The Tac Tic is much like a personal coach because it adjusts the inaccurate positioning that someone makes on a golf swing. It warns you of your incorrect grip by giving out a click so this would allow you to change the alignment of your wrist. Aside from wrist alignment, it as well betters your swing curve.
Practice, practice and practice – The perfect golf swing is made only through constant practice. Tiger Woods was known to practice even in the worst weathers.
Videos and Training Manuals – Aside from the Tac Tic, additional aids on training for the perfect swing like videos and manuals that you could watch and study. There are youtube channels like the golf fix you could watch to improve your game. But you have always to remember that only studying or watching would just give you the theory of achieving what you actually want to achieve. Practice would quiet be the key at the close of it all.
Other Tips – To have a good back swing, ensure that the force comes from your arms and not from your hands. It should be done in one, clean, sweeping movement.
The down swing, on the other hand, calls for precision in speed. A good advice on this is to pull your left arm coming from the top.
To make a successful sweep, the finish should be done high enough. The main key there is to transfer left. You can tell that you have made a good finish if your right knee is facing the target with your right foot up. Spikes of your shoe should be seen. Your hands should be high up very near your left ear.
Although it is often reported as the perfect golf swing, to have the perfect golf swing is quite mythical. Constant practice would just make you well-situated with a stance that you can eventually work with and are comfortable with. Anyway, it is really important, that you enjoy the golf sport and look forward to do it every time.