This post contains affiliate links.
Choosing the right putter can be the most important decision you make when it comes to your equipment. It is like choosing a best friend. A few basic considerations to keep in mind when you are making such an important decision have to do with the bottom section or the “head” of the putter. This is where the brains of the putter are. There are other factors to consider such as the length and the grip but the brains of your best friend will be the most important part of choosing the right putter.
Factors to consider while buying the Best Golf Putter
Before looking at all of these considerations, let us first consider the most important part of this club known as the “head” of the putter.
The head is the most important part of the putter because it is the place where your ball will make contact on the green. The material in the head affects the way the ball moves and its direction across the green. Cheap or “dumb” putters are usually made of lighter plastic, zinc or aluminum. The lighter material requires you to hit the ball even harder on the green and allows for more mistakes. “Smart”, quality putters will usually incorporate stainless steel, titanium or brass. They can also have some wood mixed in or can be made of a combination of these other materials to create a more solid head. The difference will be felt when you hit the ball. On a slow green, the ball will move a lot easier. On a fast green, it will seem that you hardly have to hit it at all
Perimeter Weighting and Lie Angle:
Two other important considerations in the head of the putter are perimeter weighting and lie-angle. Perimeter weighting has to do with the size and shape of the head. If you look, you will see a recess in the center of the head. This recess makes it possible for the weight of the head to be distributed in the toe and the heel which is preferable. The other important factor is the lie-angle in the putter head. This tells you whether the putter is sitting flat against the ground when you hold it. Put yourself in your most comfortable stance and ask the salesman to check this for you. If the putter head is not sitting flat against the ground, you may need to have it adjusted.
Length and Grip:
Two final things to consider in a putter are the length and the grip. The standard length of a putter is thirty-five inches. If you tend to stand upright, you may want it longer. If you bend over a lot, a shorter putter may be necessary. There are also various grips to consider so that a golfer with smaller hands may need a smaller diameter grip and vice versa. Most importantly, choose a putter that looks and feels comfortable to you because this is going to be your best friend! With these considerations in mind, you will know that you have definitely chosen the right putter for you.
Best Golf Putters – If you’re in a rush
|Reason To Buy||Golf Club Name||Where To Buy?|
|Nicely Weighted||Pinemeadow Golf Men’s PGX Putter||Buy on Amazon|
|Very Sturdy||Two-Way Putter – Left and Right Hand||Buy on Amazon|
|Classic Putter Head Design||Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0||Buy on Amazon|
|Large head||Nike Golf Clubs Methods Core Drone Putter||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Budget||Wilson Harmonized Golf Putter||Buy on Amazon|
|Expensive||Cleveland Golf 2135 Satin Cero Putter||Buy on Amazon|
Best Golf Putter Reviews
1. Pinemeadow Golf Men’s PGX Putter
What I Love?
- The PGX putter features a precise white finish which stands out when the putter is in the address position on the green.
- This contrast of the white color against the green grass really helps maintain focus on the alignment lines that help ensure that your putter is on target at start.
- At 380g the additional 40g weight of the mallet putter is “tour-weighted”, suited best for the faster greens that are more and more common around the world.
- Includes custom PGX headcover
Featuring a contrast white finish that will help it stand out on the grass of the green, this putter promises to help maintain players focus when putting. The precise white finish will ensure that you are paying attention to the putter and ball, while you are putting. The stark white finish will stand out from then grass of the green, players will be putting on.
The Pinemeadow putter was designed with a tour weight in mind making it easier to handle. The head of the putter weighs 380 grams and the shaft weighs 40 more grams. At 34 inches in length, the putter is a comfortably long putter that is easy to handle, for people who are right handed. The putter is oriented for the use of right-handers.
In short, the putters advantages are that it has a sturdy weight to the head, its stark white finish makes it stand out from the green, and the putter is also weighted nicely making it easy to use. For the downsides, its thin shaft can make it seem like the putter is somewhat shaky. And only right handed people can use this putter because its orientation is for right handed use.
2. Two-Way Putter Left and Right Hand
What I Love?
- Country Of Origin : United States
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 0.98 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 33.58 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 4.53 Inches
This putters main feature is the ability to use it in both a left and right handed orientation, allowing people who have different dominant hands, to use this club. This is the ideal putter for left-handed persons who want to have golf clubs that they can use. The putter measures around 33.5 inches, measured along the shaft. Quolf Golf has created a versatile putter for those who are looking for a left and right handed golf club.
The Two-Way Putter is made out of high-quality materials that give the putter a nice heft to it. The putter feels sturdy and strong in ones grip. Overall this putter is a good buy at its price and is very ideal for those who are looking for a left-handed putter. The only downside is that the putter can be a bit too short, at only 33.5 inches long the putter is not long enough for taller people
3. Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0
What I Love?
- The #1 Insert On Tour: A new and improved version of the #1 insert on Tour is highly engineered for more consistent sound, feel and performance across the striking surface
- Proven Head Shape Performance for Every Player: The White Hot Pro line includes a handful of major winning, Tour proven head shapes like the #1, #7, #5, #2, #7 CS, #9, 2-Ball, and the Rossie
- Mallet Designs: We’ve also developed a few new head shapes including a high MOI mallet with a modified Hi-Def alignment system (V-Line) and ultra high MOI HAVOK
Designed with performance in mind, the Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 is built to the exact standards of professional golf. The placement of the putters heel is designed specifically to balance with the shaft offset and crank neck; this will provide a more accurate experience when putting on the green. The alignment and feel of the putter is maximized thanks to this design feature.
The precision design and construction of this club is made according to the exact standards of professional golfers around the world. The head of the club is a classic putter head design, with some shaft redesign to improve putter performance, based on new design technology.
Overall, this is a good club that features 3 different lengths, which most people can use. And a good weight of 343 grams, making it neither too heavy nor light. We think that people who are just starting out in the world of golf should not use this putter as the design of this Odyssey putter does not aid the game of most players who are just starting out; instead, more advanced players are the ones, who can take advantage of what this putter offers.
4. Nike Golf Clubs Methods Core Drone Putter
What I Love?
- Right handed
- Higher moment of inertia for stability
- Polymetal groove technology generates a faster forward roll at impact for increased accuracy
- Face balanced
Another mallet head putters on this list, except it is a much more advanced version. The Nike Golf Clubs Methods Core Drone 2.0 offers a lot, coming from one of the top sports manufacturing companies. Nike designed this putter to have a lower center of gravity, by adding more weight to the middle of the putter head. This creates a steadier and consistent roll when you hit the ball.
This putter gives a lot of control to the balls distance. Players can predictably control the movement and distance of the ball by using this putter. Hitting the ball on the center of the putter, makes a satisfying sound, indicating it was hit at the right point. The large head of the putter also gives players a lot of room to hit the ball with.
One negative of this putter is that Nike designed this golf club to be a little way out there. The futuristic design looks more like a cyborg rather than a golf club, but this is a personal preference, and some players may like the look of this putter.
5. Wilson Harmonized Golf Putter
What I Love?
- Square Heel/Toe Putter
- Eye catching vertical seam grip is designed with a slightly larger diameter to improve feel
- All new cosmetic for 2013 and the Harmonized Putters provide responsive feel and precise accuracy on and around the green
- All-weather, oversize three piece paddle grip for great feel and control
The Wilson Harmonized M1 putter ensures a firm, yet comfortable grip. The putter comes with a medium soft grip designed with a single vertical seam on the back to improve feel through the entire stroke. For improved visibility, there is a contrasting color on the head and this traditional heel and toe weighted putter offers an easy alignment design. The putters have multiple density areas in the micro-injection face insert and an alignment aid for accurate puts
The putter is a square heel/toe putter and has an eye catching vertical seam grip which is designed with a slightly larger diameter to improve the overall feel. Comes withe a all-weather, oversize three piece paddle grip for great feel and control.
The Wilson Harmonized M1 putter has the perfect weight for swing and tempo. Also has a great grip, not too big or small. Ball contact feels solid, even though it has a non-metal face insert. The best thing is the price as you don’t need to spend a lot of money on a good putter.
6. Cleveland Golf 2135 Satin Cero Putter
What I Love?
- Optimized face milling
- Polymer TPU insert
- Optimal alignment
- Includes Headcover
The new TFI 2135 Satin putters bring revolutionary feel, performance, and alignment technologies so you can setup and stroke putts more consistently.
Back in 2015 Cleveland introduced a line of “True Feel Innovation” (TFI) blade putters designed to improve alignment by raising the sight line to the equator of the golf ball. In fall 2016 they added the TFI tech to a new lineup of three mallet putters, including the smooth new TFI 2135 Cero Putter. This mallet maximizes feel by putting a milled, copper-infused aluminum over a cushioning polymer insert. The alloy is significantly lighter than steel, so Cleveland distributes the weight (370 grams) throughout a clean, over-sized head shape that helps duffers consistently align the putter with the ball’s sweet spot.
- Optimized Face Milling- A model-specific optimized face milling provides more forgiveness on mishits. Putts will have more consistent speed even when struck toward the heel or toe.
- Soft TPU Insert- The soft TPU Insert dampens vibrations and enhances feel. The polymer face insert and the deeper face milling pattern together create one of the softest feeling putters on the market.
- High Contrast 2135 Sightline- Achieve perfect alignment on every putt, regardless of where your eyes are at address. The new higher contrasting white sight line over a black backdrop better focuses your eyes for better alignment.
This putter feels solid but has a nice soft touch to it with the rubber like insert behind the face of the club. Great grip with a medium thickness and has that rubbery feel to get a good hold on it.